About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

New meaning to "my way or the highway."

Owenhad SEVERAL meltdowns today. Not sure what was wrong with him, oh wait, but I do. It's called "I want it." His melt downs consisted of "I want to leave the family room." "My phone..I want it." "I want to climb", "I want crackers." "I want juice in the family room (which is not allowed)." "I want mommy's piece of pizza." "I want the lotion."  And probably several that I missed.

Seriously. Owen thinks if he screams and cries enough he will break me. Tonight, I thought I was going to. Luckily, Andy came home a bit earlier than normal, and was able to deal a bit more with the meal time and bed time melts, but boy, I was not happy with trying to divert his attention, timeouts failing to make a dent on his attitude, and just trying to figure out what exactly was wrong most of the time.

It's nights like these that my patience really needs help on, and where I feel like a horrible mother. I felt bad too because I was VERY ready for Owen to go to sleep tonight. I still liked getting to hold him for a few mins, but I also like the break from the crankiness.  I'm sure he probably has days where he feels like that about me, but he just can't voice it yet. Knowing how smart and stubborn, and like me, that Owen is, I have no doubt that voice will come sooner than Iwant, LOL!!!  Everyone pray for my patience, as we really get into the major months of the terrible2s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment