About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

2.5 years old!

Tomorrow, my baby will be 2.5 yrs old. I cannot believe it. He is ornery as ever, never stops talking, and is as loveable as could be. Right now, he is waiting to watch daddy mow the grass. He has not gotten to do this for about 2 months since we have had very little rain and the grass wasn't growing. That has been a disappointment for both Owen and Andy!  Andy loves knowing that Owen is obsessed with watching and waving at him, and getting to wave back. Andy said he'll miss it once Owen tires of it. Of course by the time Owen is old enough to mow the grass he won't want to, LOL!

We have been gathering our supplies to work on Owen's "Mickey Room." I'm trying to get Owen really excited about his new room, so he'll be good with the swtich. So far we have picked out curtains, bedspread, and paint. I have the decals picked out, but have to order them. I also need to order the bed rails. Owen moves so much in his sleep I know he'll need those.  We're going to let him "help" put the room together, and then kind of transition him starting with naps. Although I have a feeling he's going to want to be in there at night pretty soon after that.

I am wondering if Owen will miss the Snoopy room, but I think he will be okay.  We are also looking into a new sitter. We have an interview with one this Wednesday. She sounds promising on the phone, so we'll see.  I think Owen will miss his old sitter, but I think he will adjust okay. Especially if we spend a little time over there before he totally switches places. I'm really hoping we help him adjust well to all of the changes that are coming. I'm hoping that if we do everything casually and slowly. rather than rushed, we'll be okay.  Changes always affect each kid different, so we'll see! Keep your fingers crossed for us that all goes smoothly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment