About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Owen is 29 months:)

Owen turned 29 months on 6/30/12. (Which happened to be my grandparent's 54th wedding anniversary:)) Things he says are really starting to be funny, even the "talking back" he sometimes tries to do. Although, that won't seem so funny once he's a little older....

He will wag his finger at me and say, "Stop mommy, stop." If I say something like, "Owen don't mess with that." He'll look at me and say, "I didn't mommy, I didn't."  Owen will ask a question, or ask for something, and I'll respond, "I'm getting it, or not right now." Then he'll say, "Okay!" in an exasperated sound. Seriously, when did kids start acting so much older when they are so much younger?

I will say however, that he is pretty well behaved.  We have our days when he throws more tantrums, or is into EVERYTHING. But, he is only 29 months and that is normal. He knows where things go and puts them there, like his shoes. He knows where books go and his blocks, and though we have to keep reminding him to put things away, he does do it, and he is only 29 months. We are very lucky to have such an adorable, cute, and well behaved kid.

The other day, we went by church, which he constantly remembers we tripped at like a month ago. Then have her say, "trip mommy?" I say, yes. Then he says, "I want to go to church." I know right now, he probably doesn't mean those words, but I'm hoping that he will grow up enjoying church and still "wanting" to go.

On July 4th, Owen started being able to pedal his tricycle on his own:)  He was so happy to do it. If this heat ever let up, we could go outside long enough for him to try and take a "walk" on his bike. We even got him his first helmet, which he LOVES to wear when he's no on his bike, LOL:)

Today, we went and picked out Mickey Mouse fabric for his new room. We are going to move him into it in the next few months. Once we finish our dossier for the current adoption (which we are close to doing:)), we are going to start really putting his room together. Then, once we are matched with our next little one, we're going to transition him to his new room. We're trying to give him time to adjust to some changes at home prior to the new little one's entrance. Hopefully, this will cut down on any jealousy or feeling of being left out. We're going to let him "help" put the room together and I want to make a big deal out of it for him. I am hoping he really likes it:) 

It's pretty amazing thinking that in the next year, or less, we will have another little McMullin running around the house. I cannot wait to see Owen in the rule of big brother. He amazes me already as my son, so I know he'll be awesome as a big brother:)


No comments:

Post a Comment