About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

22 months old!

Owen is 22 months old today. He weighed in at 21.1 lbs and 31" yesterday. He's a growing boy, but mostly in height. That's okay. I have a feeling one day, we'll pick him up, and we'll wonder who put bricks in his pants, LOL!  I enjoy being able to carry him and pick him up easily right now anyway...More snuggle time;)

As I've mentioned before, Owen is very routine driven. When we come home, I usually take my shoes off and put them on a matt in the foyer. Owen started sitting down and saying shoe off about 2 months ago, so he would do what I did I think. Well, today, Owen was able to get his own shoes off and put them on the matt. Then he took his socks off, which was a bit harder, but he got them, lol! 

He is talking even more now, I know I posted once before all the words he says, but now if I did that, it would be a baby dictionary!  He repeats everything we say. I say, "okay." He says okay. He's actually over the last 2 weeks, started to say "God Bless You." When I sneeze. Seriously!  I think it's because I say it every time he sneezes. He also says "stinky socks" when trying to take off his socks, because I tease him after we come home when I give him fresh socks and say "stinky socks." There are so many funny things he's said/repeated. My sister Jessica was joking around one day and said, "oh, snap." And Owen repeated that.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. My son amazes me with how smart he is, and how much he picks up. He's even started sitting on the potty. He hasn't gone on the potty yet. Well, wait, he accidentally peed in the potty one day, but he looked just as amazed as me, and the pee didn't start out in the potty when he was sitting therer....but he is trying to be a big kid. Part of me is excited to start the new things with him, like the potty training. But, part of me just wants my baby to stay a baby. I don't want him to grow up so fast, and the sad thing is, I realize the growing is going to increase in speed, on a daily basis.  I know I'll be okay with it, and enjoy it, but part of me just wants to hang on a little longer to the baby boy we brought home just under 9 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment