About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Friday, November 25, 2011

First Thanksgiving!

Though yesterday 11/24/11 was Owen's First Thanksgiving, we have been having a bit of a celebration since the previous week. First, my cousin (Owen's 2nd cousin) Mandy, flew in from Florida to visit. Then, my family started arriving for my other cousin (again Owen's 2nd cousin) Kayla's wedding. We went to that on 11/19/11, which was also my oldest sister's birthday. Then on 11/20/11, which is my birthday, we had pictures taken of Owen with all 5 of his first cousins on my side of the family with their Nana and Pap (my parents). On that same day, we also had my family's "Thanksgiving" meal at Bob Evans (since it was too crazy to cook the day after a big wedding we had traveled for). Then, we took the 4 older kids (Owen, Lily, Elijah, and Lucy), to drive through some Christmas lights.

The next day, the fun, but chaotic, "Thankswedding" as we have come to call it, was coming to an end as all of my siblings and parents left. My cousin Mandy went back to visit where my grandparents live as well, so the house was back to just the 3 of us. Then, yesterday we went to Andy's family's Thanksgiving meal for lunch, and then over to my Aunt/Uncle's house to visit them, and see the new house they are moving into this weekend.

Today, we were kind of layed back during the morning and afternoon. Andy did some yard work, Owen took his nap, and I tried to get some "rest" as well. Then, when Owen woke up, since it was warm enough, we went to the zoo to see their Christmas Lights...it was a good time. We ended the evening with dinner at a chinese restaurant, and Owen came home to bed. I think Owen has enjoyed his first Thanksgiving. Though, he didn't eat as well during his first meal on Thursday, he ate alot of food at dinner. I think next year he'll be even more into it. Though, he did try to say both Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving by the end of the last 2 weeks, so it's been fun;) 

Now this weekend I'm hoping to get some Christmas decorations up. I am hoping Owen will enjoy helping to trim the tree, well, I guess I'm just hoping Owen will not take all the trimming down and try to play or break it, LOL!  Last year, we had the tree up until the week after we brought Owen home in Febraury, so we could still celebrate Christmas with him. I'm looking forward to see how he takes in this next Holiday, and if I can get him to understand the biggest gift we all are given on this day, Baby Jesus!  He's so smart though, I think he'll get it a little, even if he doesn't get all of what we tell him. We bought him a nativity set that we will give him to put up under the tree. Luckily it's actually a toy set, so it's okay if he plays with it:)  I hope everyone reading this had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. I'm very Thankful for my family, Owen and Andy, as well as all my extended family who supported us as we brought Owen home almost 9 months ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment