About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Looking back

The last couple nights Owen's had alot of waking during the night, which is rather uncharacteristic of him. As I was holding him last night the 2nd time he woke up, I was thinking of everything we had gone through to this point. I was thinking of Owen in the orphanage, waiting for us, and I was thinking of us in our big house, waiting for him to come and make it louder and even more fun. I was remembering  our time in between the first and 2nd trip, and having to leave him over in Russia for 3 more months until we brought him home. I started crying and just feeling so blessed that he was in my arms. I felt silly, but it felt good.

It's hard to believe sometimes that we were in Russia, and that is where Owen was born. I'm sure as Owen grows up and we tell him of the stories, trips, and traveling, he will have a hard time believing it too. Because we fit together so perfectly, we are his parents and he is our son, no if, ands, buts or anything about it. We were meant to be together, and it's unbelieveable even to believer's, how great God's plan is and how He just gets it right every time.  There's a reason the song is titled "Amazing Grace." Because anytime we can feel God's grace and handiwork in our lives it is amazing. It makes me want to say Ooooooh, Awwwwwwe, watermelon;) 

Owen had a good week this week. He had a vacation from the sitter's, and spent 4 of the days with Aunt Crystal, and tomorrow, he gets to spend it with Aunt Jessie. I know he's had such a good time, and I think he likes all the individual attention, getting to roam more places, and the car rides. Hopefully he won't be too disappointed when his routine starts up again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment