About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Words

So Owen has started saying some new words. He has said 'baby' alot lately. Not sure if it is because I call him baby still. Like, there's my baby, or hi baby, those kinds of things. I think it also might be because he was around his cousin Simon last weekend, and we referred to him as being a baby, and needing to be gentle with him. At church that Sunday, he put his hand on Simon's head (who is 5 months old), and rubbed saying gentle, gentle. Then he did it to his Uncle Garey's arm, who was holding Simon. Then he repeated the process with Simon's head. It was cute. We are trying to get him to not hit, so that is what we came up with. the nicely laying a hand on his arm and rubbing saying gentle, be gentle. Of course, unless you know that is what he is saying, it doesn't really sound like gentle, but he is trying;)

He has also said car this weekend when looking at one of his word books, as well as boat. He has tried to say elephant, which actually comes out more like his other cousin's name - Elijah. He tried to say Giraffe as well. We are not too concerned at this point that some of his "words" are not that recognizable, because he's only been home for almost 6 months, so for having 12 months of Russian, and not quite 6 months of English, we couldn't be happier at how well he is doing with "talking."

He also is the first kid I've ever known to say the word 'yes' or 'yeah' before he has said 'no.' Of course I know that the word 'no' is soon to come, but for right now, we like that he answers every question with a yes or yeah. Even if we say, "do you want a time out?" He says "yeah." So we ask him a lot of different questions just for our own amusement.  Of course, he finds many ways to amuse us, he's so darn cute;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment