About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stomping out the tantrums.....

Owen has really taken to throwing temper tantrums. He will do the hold your breath cry, until his lips turn blue and he finally blows out the cry. Then the crying and screaming continues and continues.  I have been getting very frustrated myself with them. Tuesday night this week, it was awful. Tonight it didn't start until about 5, but continued until we ate.

I'm determined to get these tantrums to be less often. I have a new resolve to cope with them and to get Owen out of them. Usually after he has them, he just wants to lay in my lap and suck on his fingers, like he's going to sleep. I'm hoping to break this habit, along with taming the tantrums.
Other than the tantrums. Owen is doing well. He is picking up words, and really starting to say alot more phrases. He loves to sing wheels on the bus, and some other songs, and I LOVE to listen to him sing. I love music, and I'm really hoping he continues to enjoy it as well. I also love his little sentences. They are really cute. This week, he started saying "daddy at work." It was SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!

He is our cutie pie, sometimes even when he's throwing fits it can be funny, and it's hard not to laugh. Especially when he is in time out. Sometimes he's just so darn cute sitting in the time out spot!  Oh well, this too shall pass with the tantrums. But first, we have to make it through them, so I need to start figuring out good methods to do so.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment