About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

21 months old!

Owen turned 21 months old today. it's hard to believe that in 3 months he will be 2!   I'm torn by the fact that his birthday is approaching. In one way, I'm super excited to be celebrating with him this year at home. In another, I want him to stay my baby longer. He is definitely trying to grow verbally, he talks up a storm. He's definitely growing smarter by the second also, as he tries new things every day. And, we're definitely entering the "terrible 2's" because he throws his drink ALL the time! (not to mention the previously posted tantrums...)

However, I'm still in denial sometimes that he has to get older. I missed out on his whole first year, and sometimes that still makes me sad. Sometimes, I just wish we could have gone over day one, or at least been given the 3 months after we first met him. He's my baby and will always be my baby, but at the same time, I know he's not going to be a baby much longer. One day, he's even going to tell me this, I know. Right now, I say, "Hi baby!" and "who's my baby? Owen's my baby, you're my baby." and I know he will turn to me one day and say, mommy, I'm not a baby! Let's hope that day doesn't come for a while.

I guess that's why in some ways I like that Owen is still not in the "normal" growth range, becuase I LOVE to hug him and cuddle him, and yes even carrying him, because he's so close to me at those times. Sometimes, mostly on the weekends, I secretly want him to need me in the middle of the night, just so I can hold my baby boy. That always comes back to nip me in the butt though, because usually it ends up happening on a weeknightdue to me wishing it on the weekend. That makes for a hard day of work the next day.

Anyway, my BABY;) Is doing really well. Tonight, I put together the wagon his daddy and I picked out for him so that daddy can take him trick or treating. We know he won't get much out of it this year, but daddy is pretty excited. And I must say, Owen's costume is THE CUTEST:) He's the best frog ever.  I posted some pictures below. He was so darn cute in the costume, I decided to get some taken. He had a blast, and really loves wearing the costume. He'll just have a great time tomorrow. I'm going to take him into work in his costume, and then going out with daddy. I am pretty sure he's going to be tuckered out by bed time;)



No comments:

Post a Comment