About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

20 months!

Owen turned 20 months old yesterday. He must not have been happy about it though. He was in a very cranky mood all evening. I think he was preparing me for when he turns 2, which is unbelievably only 4 months away. We have a routine when we come home, which Owen is very happy has changed since he is down to 1 nap. We come home, walk out and get the mail, come inside, take our shoes off. (he just started going over and sitting where the shoes go and wanting his off too;)). then we head upstairs so mommy can change and go to the potty (sorry it's TMI, but it's the routine). Owen usually plays while I change, mostly trying to get either my cell phone or the regular phone...Hewwo, hewwo. Then, I take him in change his clothes and diaper.

When we had gotten inside, he did NOT want me to take his jacket off (just a gray sweatshirt with a hood). I gave up after about 2 mins of trying. We went upstairs. when we got to where I was going to change him and started to take the jacket off, the fit started. Not just a crying fit. He decides to do the crying where he holds his breath, turns bright red, and basically collapses into my arms. It freaks me out every time he does it. It had been a while since he's done it too. I want to say a couple months. After he collapsed into my arms ( he did not faint just finally started breahing normally). I held him and he cried for a few more mins. I tried to comfort him, and put another shirt on him. He finally seemed like he was okay as I tried to play with him to make him smile.

So i thought okay he's fine. We start gathering clothes up to put in the washer, and come downstairs. I really wanted to change his socks. Needless to say, he didn't want me to do that either. Though it was not nearly as traumatic as the jacket, it was just a minor "cry" But he seemed fine with it once we got the new socks on, and he got to throw the old socks in the washer. He likes to "help" do the laundry.

He cried a bit after his snack off and on over silly things. I'd say what is the matter? and he would move on. He was okay during dinner and did eat okay. Then when we tried to put new pajamas on him, he through another hold his breath cry. This time at least Andy was with me. We finally found a sleeper "bag" PJ that Owen seemed to approve of, and he was fine and went fast asleep. I'm hoping this was a major fluke day with his crankiness.

Today, he has been fine. We had a good time in the morning, we went to the store, Andy's sister's b-day lunch. I was able take his coat and hoody (not the gray jacket) off him no problem. maybe he just really didn't get enough sleep Thursday night. Not sure. Last night, he LOVED sleeping in the sleeper bag. In fact this morning, he didn't want to get out of it!  I had to laugh at that, since he really can't walk in it. But it does seem comfy. I found out that they actually sell them for older kids too, up to like 5 or 6, so I might be investing in them for a few more years. They keep him warm at night, but still give his toes freedom to wiggle. I think that's why he likes it. Anyway. Here's to another fun, interesting, and new month with Owen. It's funny how somedays are so routine and then somedays you wonder what took over your child's mood. that's parenthood for you;)

No comments:

Post a Comment