About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 year wedding Anniversary:)

So Friday 8/26/11 was Andy and my 5 year wedding annivesary. We were so excited about this little benchmark;)  We were also excited to be sharing it with Owen. When we were matched with Owen, we had been trying to have a child for 3 years. Even though it felt longer than that! Owen was well worth the wait, and we became stronger as a couple during that wait. Even though there were times that were hard, God gave us the strength and love we needed for each other and Him so that we could stay a faithful and hopeful couple.

During our 5th year celebration, we could not have been more thankful for the family that we have become. I know that God formed our family, even before we knew our own hearts. I know God is leading us, and that we are the family He means for us to be. It's an amazing and awing feeling, to know that God's hands can create this love and this relationship with us and between us. I could not thank God enough for this family He has given me, our family is truly our gift.

I am blessed to have a caring, kind, loving, and supportive husband. Andy was always open to adoption, and when we began the process, he gave 100% of himself to the process. Seeing Andy for the first time with Owen, you would never guess Owen was not with us for his first 9 months (which is how old Owen was when we met;) ).  Having Andy be my partner, best friend, and love is so wonderful, that words cannot even describe the feelings I have for him.  I love  Andy, and cannot wait to see what the future holds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment