About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sleep, baby sleep!!!

So Owen is starting a bad habit, and I think it's my fault. Last week, I decided to nap with him for his afternoon nap 2 times. Friday, after he started crying when laid down at the sitters, i decided to stop that. over the weekend, no nap problems. Then yestreday and today, I lay him down for his afternoon nap. He gets all tired looking, lays down without crying, is quiet for 10-15 mins, fooling me to think he is asleep. Then, bang, bang, he starts kicking the walls/crib!  I go up, tell him to stop kicking and go to sleep. He is quiet again, looks very tired, like he could go to sleep any second, but then begins kicking again. The next time, i go into the room, sit in the rocker, and tell him to go to sleep. He cries, and then is quiet.

He is literally blinking hard to stay awake, his eyes will shut and be shut for a good 30 seconds, and then he pushes them back open.  Finally I pick him up and hold him, and he falls asleep in like 2 mins. UGH!  I'm torn because I do want to hold him, but I also can't last 1.5 hours doing so. It also will mess up his nap at the sitters, because she has other kids, and I know she can't hold him all the time there. Im going to try something different tomorrow.

tomorrow I'm going to leave him in his crib, if he doesn't fall asleep that is, for an hour of quiet time, which is recommended by this doctor in this book I read. Still keeping him somewhat on his routine. Then, I'll get him up. He'll be super tired, and he'll probably be a cranky butt. But, we'll put him to bed earlier. This should help with getting him to realize I'm not going to hold him to get him to sleep. I have a feeling he's going to try and pull this again tonight for is night bed time. We'll see. Let's all hope my plan works.......I'm REALLy hoping it does. But of course ideally, he'll just give in to sleep tomorrow, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment