About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

6 months home!

Early on February 16, 2011, Owen left Russia to come home FOREVER!  After 2 plane rides, we arrived in the US late February 16, about 24 hours after we had left Russia. Owen met his grandparents, rode in his car seat for the first time, and we all walked into our home together as a Forever Family!  Thinking about the long journey we all had made through the initation of the adoption process to the point of being home, still brings tears to my eyes! Tears of love, joy, happiness, and blessings! 

We have been so blessed to have our family, and Owen makes it even more special. God always knew Owen would be our son, and it amazes me! He knew this little rascal was what our family needed.  None of us could be who we are today without the other.

Our lives have been changed, but better than we ever imagined. Our house is louder, we have more messes, and there are a lot more temper tantrums (though Andy might argue this last point in regards to me), but it is also filled with more joy, laughter, and love.  

I thank everyone that was a part of our journey, our family, our friends, the social workers, the baby home staff and caretakers.  I also thank Owen and my wonderful husband, best friend, and partner Andy, for without them, this journey would not have been as incredible as it has been.  I am looking forward to the next 6 months and beyond to see what the future holds for us. I love my 2 crazy, ornary, and loving boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment