About Me

My photo
My name is Jenny, and I am married to my wonderful husband Andy. We are the proud parents of Owen Daniil, who we adopted from Russia. Our Gotcha Day was 02/08/2011. Our family is a true gift, and we feel very blessed that God chose each one of us as members. I am not good at blogging, I'm just starting out and getting used to it. However, I am hoping to share some stories about our family. Welcome to my crazy, but wonderful, life!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Owen finally hit 20 lbs!

It's official, Owen is 20 lbs 4 oz, YAY!  We weighed him at home about 2 weeks ago, and that is what he weighed. We were hoping he would be at least that at his 18 month check up and he was. He is still below the 3rd percentile for his weight, but is now just below 10th percentile in his height at 30.5" We are so glad that he is growing a bit more now. I think it's because he's finally eating regular table food really well.

I'm happy, but sad, that my little guy is growing and learning so much so fast. I actually scheduled his 24 month visit, which made me kind of sad knowing that in 6 months he'll already be 2. I really wish he could have been with us for his first year. But then I think, that first year helped make him who is now, even if it's just a little bit, it's still part of him.

He says "socks" and it sounds really funny. I love to hear him say it. I'm still waiting for him to say mommy, and he's come close, but I don't know that he's associating it with me.  It will happen one day, and I'll be ready;)

No comments:

Post a Comment